[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Sunday, January 14, 2007

My doctor rocks ...

Alright, so I have crazy infection ... I think its strep ... it hurts to swallow, my ears ache and I have white spots on my tongue (I can't see my tonsils because I can't control my tongue [it drives my dentist mental]). Its so bad that swallowing makes me cry, even if its just water. And I can't sleep.

So at 6:30am I called my doctors answering service to see if there was any chance he was gonna be opened today (he is closed on Sundays), cause the two walk ins I know by my house are both closed on Sundays.

So, the answering service offered to page him, and I told them it wasn't an emergency. So I figured they would send him an email or something (which is what I do at my office for calls for my boss).

Well, he called me back at 6:45, and said he'd come into the office this afternoon and see me because he doesn't want me to go a walk in.

How nice :) My doctor, was also the attending physician who delivered me ... so he's been around my whole life.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger ButterPeanut said…

    wow, that's really cool. And I hope you get better fast. When I get real sick like that I usually freak out right away and imagine that I'm going to die and nobody will find me in time.

    But, uh...be strong! ;)

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger /dr. said…

    white spots! i had those on my tonsils when i had mono. was not fun. feel better!

    /dr.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jeff C. said…

    Wow, good doctor. Hope you feel better. Any new cute delivery people?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home