[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Sunday, July 01, 2007

How I've grown

I lied.

I remember a couple of years ago, when I had to envision me at 21. I was petrified. I was scared because all support I had known most of my life would be taken from me. I was a ward of the government, and since I was 9, the government had pretty much been my parents.

I didn't know how I would survive, this whole paying rent, buying groceries, making enough money to survive ... all of this without a safety net.

I cried for many nights, because I thought, surely I would fail.

But I haven't, I'm doing pretty damn well for myself, some slip ups here and there ... but I have a roof over my head and food in my belly and a stable job. An amazing group of friends and an even more amazing Aunt.

I'm livin' a good life.

Even if I have paper blinds :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger ButterPeanut said…

    don't be so hard so hard on yourself -- you've really come very far, even despite Bible College. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home