[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Monday, July 24, 2006

Its almost the end of July!

Goodness, this summer is flying by. Which is suprising to me, since I thought it would be pain-stakingly long.

Why?

This is the first summer that I haven't been involved in the camping scene, whether as a camper/staff/volunteer since I was 11 years old, thats a whole decade.

I wanted to be at camp this summer, but I was feeling too old for the whole counsellor thing, even though I adore special needs, and didn't want to interrupt my life for 2 months to be up north. So unfortunately I didn't get offered the senior staff position I applied for, and also was not offered Spring Crew.

It was a hard decision to make, one I doubted a lot, and the rejection brought a familiar hurt, one whose scar still pangs from time to time.

But ya know what, I'm happy I'm in the city. The last 3 months I've started to learn a lot about myself, and have started becoming content with myself both physically and mentally. Its been hard, allowing the person who I am today to become, I started changing this time last year, but I stifled it for a long time.

Part of that change was also a change in beliefs and ideas, which was somewhat hard to do because I was conditioned (and my friends were conditioned) a certain way.

But at the end of the day, I'm going to be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home