[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Travel Anxiety and Man Troubles

Alright, so, me and the Cool People are having a trip. I call it the "Get me the heck out of Ontario trip", we shall be going to Manitoba to visit this girl. I'm good with this, I'm fine with this, I'm excited about this.

But ...

After the Manitoba portion, myself and Missina are travelling to the lovely little town in northern Alberta called Fort McMurray. We will see a boy, we will see a boy's cousin, we will see a boy's parents, housemates, friends in Edmonton. I don't need to see the boy ... and well, now, I'm getting a little antsy ... I am affected by the foot-in-mouth condition on a regular basis. I'm kind of a bitch ... and will, bah, I just want to make my friend happy ... but I'm worried. I'm really worried.

But, I'm just a worry wart.

And now on to the boy situation ...

So I met this boy (well, man, he's 28), a police man. I'll try to tell the story as briefly as possible.

I met him at the bar me and my sister go to, I first met him at the beginning of December and we really hit it off, spent many hours talking (and you know kissing) I gave him my number, and never heard from him.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I ran into him again, he told me he had been coming by the bar every chance that he got in hopes of running into me because he had lost my number. We hung out again that night, and I hauled my ass out of bed on a Friday morning at 630am to hang out with him (he was on night shifts). And we had "the talk" you know, the one where I tell him I kind of fancy him and not sure what that means, and he tells me that he likes me, but doesn't want to rush into anything (got out of a serious relationship in October) and wants to hang out. I'm fine with hanging out, in fact, we hung out for a bunch after "the talk".

Then he went away to Montreal for a bunch of days. When he returned, he said work was busy ... and so we had limited contact. We talked last Thursday, and made plans to follow up on making plans. I sent him a text before I went to bed Thursday night, no word, I gave him a call around the time he would be getting ready for work Friday evening, no answer, I sent him a final text message of "Give me a call when you get the chance?", that was Saturday afternoon, no word since.

I'm thinking I may have scared him off ... I'm not clingy or desperate, I just suck at this part of "the game" (damn game, fucking feelings) and have no patience, I suck at the "let to hang" position. I need clarity, I strive for clarity ... I dig myself into deeper holes for said clarity.

So, at this point, I don't think I've done anything that maybe a little bit of time and a little bit of humour might fix. So, I'm thinking maybe on the weekend or Monday (so, a good solid week of no contact) just send a light hearted text ... something along the lines of:

"So, I came on a lil strong 'eh? Sorry 'bout that. Are you still frightened?;) Let me know. I sure like honesty :) Jamie.

The sure like thing is how he states things, which is why I'm using it.

Your thoughts (hey Jeff, if you read this ... I'd appreciate your thoughts as a guy).

Fini.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Jeff C. said…

    I would strongly recommend not sending any more texts, emails or phone calls. To be blunt...he's not into you and you're wanting something to be there that isn't.

    If that was me (and he was a girl)I wouldn't waste any more of my thoughts or energy. Find some one else and make out with them like you're at a high school dance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home