[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Monday, August 28, 2006

When the hell did I become a girl, sheesh.

I've never really been the type who enjoys walking in heavy rain, spitting sometimes. But I'm like a cat, I prefer to stay dry. I've cancelled plans because of the rain (also the rain makes me ache).

Last night my perspective changed, and I realized the weather doesn't matter when you are in good company.

A friend and I ventured to his homestead, and we got oh, 50 feet into the 20 minute journey when it started to downpour last night.

We tried to find shelter under a tree, to no avail, and decided to just be troopers and try to ignore the rain.

Amidst getting thoroughly soaked; shirt, jeans, sneakers and all. Through blurred vision, a good conversation was birthed.

Amongst the thunder claps, same wavelengths were connected.

I walked in the rain last night with someone who understood where I was coming from, because he was there too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home