[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Monday, March 19, 2007

A personality flaw?

Its not that I've just come to realize this, or that I necessary feel that I need to justify myself. But I'd like to explain, its more for my benefit than yours.

I don't know how to just "let things go", when things are unclear, I need clarity/closure whether negative or positive, but to leave it in the air, it just drives me insane.

For example, a situation like the one with Malcolm. I didn't follow Jeff's advice. I just, I don't know, its common courtesy to not just ignore someone. I'd never do it someone else, leave them to hang, and so I don't know how people can do it to others. And so, I continue to keep in contact ... not because I think its going to change anything but because I want them to say something. I do know enough to realize that someone isn't interested, however, I want them to say it. I want that closure.

And so, I'd really just rather be told to fuck off than to be just straight up ignored. I can "take a hint", but I think people shouldn't have to read between the lines. Whatever happened to honesty and straightforwardness?

I know I expect too much from people as a whole, because I understand its just how things go. Doesn't mean I have to accept it.

Because, being felt like you are being ignored is one of the worse feelings in the world.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Bekki said…

    didn't get an email today??

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    I got one today, after I sent one this morning. But yes, it ended well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home