[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spammed

At work, we were recently hunting for a third receptionist, and to speed up the process I had made posts on Craigs List and on another free website, and so I created a new email account and included it in the ads.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the spam that has been coming through my spambox. Lots of the "I'm a foreigner I have lots of money that I need youre help with attaining, I will give you percentage" or Ebay telling me that there have been problems with my recent transaction.

How do people fall for these scams? I mean, the Ebay one I guess I can understand, it does look kind of authentic ... but I haven't used Ebay in like 2 years, and not with that address.

But these foreigner ones, I have to wonder what kind of schmuck actually falls for those now and days, there have been so much publicity educating people that these are SCAMS. But I guess a sucker is born every minute.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha, we get faxes like that at work all the time. it almost seems legit until they ask for your bank account number, your social insurance number, and your credit card numbers... then ya gotta wonder...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home