[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Messed up artwork and crosswalks are NOT an optional stop

Before I rant, I thought this situation was funny. A friend and I were talking about things that got us in trouble in school, and I mentioned my grade 6 "self portrait" (supposed to draw your inner self) of a vampire with the slogan "blood, you got to love it" (I was convinced I was a vampire) and you know, needless to say it didn't get put up on the wall and instead got a parent/teacher meeting. But I think her story tops mine:

"LOL . I CONVINCED THIS ONE GIRL IN MY CLASS THAT I WAS A DAYWALKER. AND I DID GET THE OL PARENT INTERVIEW FOR DRAWING PICTURES OF SATANCLAWS. HE DELIVERED SEVERED HEADS INSTEAD OF PRESENTS. MY GOD WAS I A FUCKED UP KID" (Missina, I for some reason thought of you)

With that humourous story out of the way, allow me to rant.

Crosswalks.

There is a crosswalk by my work, and really the only option for "safe" crossing unless I want to walk 5 minutes north or south to get a set of lights. But apparently, pressing the button, waiting a moment and beginning to cross is not safe, as I was almost hit by a stupid driver this morning, who apparently thought stopping was optional. Its not the first time, usually I have to play the game of "hmm, I wonder if this car is going to actually stop".

And let me tell you, asshole, take your head out of your ass, get off your fucking cellphone and PAY ATTENTION. Stopping halfway through the crosswalk, and then having the nerve to signal for me to cross with a look that I've been a TERRIBLE inconvience is not okay. I didn't just almost hit your car, you almost hit me. Dick.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home