[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A blog post in which Jamie texts a boy

I've been reading Stardust, Aron had taken me to see it on my birthday and Michael lent me the book on the weekend. Which is where the title for the blog came from, because at the beginning of the chapter there is this little blurb thats like "where there is much fighting for the crown" (or something like that). And I likes it.

Anywho, your beloved Jamie, is ready to try this so called "dating", like ... real dating. Holy carp! (yes carp), who'd have thunk it. Pretty much, I'm kind of scared of boys ... unless I'm giving them the sweaty throw down. I'm socially awkward, this doesn't really bode well when it comes to dating, where I have to show that I'm not a social retard and my breasts can't do all the persuading.

But, I worked up the ovaries to text a friend of a friend (or rather, ahem, a supervisor of a friend) who has apparently expressed some interest. He's tied up this week, but if my schedule frees up next week, we'll try to get together for coffee then.

ps. this girl is my blogger hero.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay! now maybe you'll stop bugging me?? ... hinthint... ;)

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger ButterPeanut said…

    oh my gosh, jamie! there are so many phrases in this post that I'm going to steal. Beginning with holy carp, making generous use of "I have to show that I'm not a social retard and my breasts can't do all the persuading" and "working up the ovaries."

    Real dating scares me, too. At least you have the excuse of being young.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home