[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Venting and Ranting

So, I've realized the downfall to having a last name that starts with "A" and enterphones in apartment lobbies that are hooked up to my cellphone (my only phone).

That being, that on the occassion, I have someone dial my entry code to try and gain access to the apartment building as I am the first person on the list. I don't let them in, because I don't think they should be trying to use me in the first place, and I am usually not even in the building at the time.

Well, the other night I was enjoying a lovely night of sleep when my phone began to vibrate ... I looked, bleary-eyed at my clock, it was 2:30am and then at my phone and recognized the number as being the front door, and so I picked it up:
me: hello?!
person: hey, can you let me into the building my buddy isn't picking up.
me: no, asshole! *hangs up phone*

Who does that? Who is that inconsiderate, you don't know me, its fricking 230am, I don't care if your buddy isn't around ... ITS 230AM! And I was having an awesome dream.

I know some people might ask "why did you pick up the phone in the first place?", well because it could have been my brother ... he has a troubled home life with his commonlaw and it wouldn't be unexpected to have him show up my door in the middle of the night.

To quote someone, the more people I meet the more I like my cats.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger ButterPeanut said…

    that's ass! I always pick up the phone if it rings in the middle of the night, thinking that someone must have died or something. The freakout alone then keeps me up for the next 5 hours.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home