[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A lesson in customer service...

The customer is always right! (at least when they are on the phone/in your store/or me :) )

Here's the story... the day was June 13th, and I decided I needed a new bra (I only have two that fit me properly, and if you think of bra's like boys underwear, 2 is not nearly enough). Also, I needed one that fit me properly that was practical with some of my more low cut shirts. I found the bra that worked well, 'cept that they didn't have my size in black, so I special ordered it from the company (which is in Italy, goes to the states then comes to Toronto) so I was told the wait would be "four weeks, five weeks max". (This is all being told to me by the owner of the store, Jen).

That day, I was told I would receive a 10% discount for letting a new trainee help a staff member fit me, when I went to put the deposit on my bra, Jen told me I wasn't eligable for the discount because I wasn't making a purchase today. To which, I told her that I would be if they had my size and colour, and she didn't state that at the beginning. After her humming and hawing, she decided to "let me have the discount", after making me feel like I had to like kiss her feet.

I left the store, a little frustrated at the service I received, having not being felt appreciated etc.

Two weeks ago, I happened to be in the area with Gerry, and decided to check the status while he went to the bank. I was informed that the order was currently being held at customs, and should be there with in a week.

Yesterday I called and left a voicemail, not sure if it recorded everything as it beeped half way through. So here's what happened today, it was 12:30 so I gave them a call (J=Jen, owner of store, M=Me)

J: Hello, Secrets from your sister
M: (maybe a little exasperated) Hi, my name is Jamie, I left a voicemail message last night about ...
J: (interrupted) Yes, I got it, its busy here, I'm short staffed you're going to need to show some patience.
M: I was just wondering if the order came...
J: (interrupted) Yes, it did, but I'm not going to open the box today, when I receive it I will call you if you're bra is there
M: When will you receive it (I was a little snooty)
J: *audible sigh* What was the size and colour of your bra (I tell her), nope its not in this order we have it in beige, thats all, or you can have your deposit back.
M: I need it in black
J: It should be in the next order then
M: (work phone is ringing) Hold on one moment, I have to answer the other line *put her on hold, answer call, put on hold, come back* When does the next ...
J: *click*

So I decide to go into the store, cause I was once again in the area.

J: Hi, how are you today?
M: I'm... alright
J: Alright, but hesitent
M: Well, I'm a little frustrated
J: Oh
M: I called this morning about the Panache order, wanted to know when the next order would come in.
J: What did I tell you on the phone (snooty)?
M: You didn't
J: Yes, I did I said when I received it I would call you
M: You said my bra wasn't in that order
J: No I didn't, I remember what I say on the phone
M: Okay
J: *goes on computer* Oh, I thought you were looking for another bra (thought I was a different customer, doesnt' apologize), no yours is not in this order
M: HOw much longer will it be
J: A couple of weeks, *snooty* I can't rush these things, we order them from Italy they go to the states, I thought it'd be on this order but it isn't, so you're going to have to wait.
M: Are you the owner
J: Yes
M: Well then I'll leave it at that, I'd like my deposit back.

I was SO frustrated, not once did Jen show empathy, apologize or do anything to make me feel like a valued customer. I told her that I was referred there on positive word of mouth, but that it worked the same with negative word of mouth, and that I was extremely disappointed. Still, she didn't apologize or say anything, she just went back to her work.

*moral of the story, don't go to Secrets*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home