[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Friday, August 11, 2006

'Cause Jen did it

Jen made a list of quotes that have affected her. I thought I'd do one. These would probably change if I was anywhere but at work doing this because I'm bored out of my tree. But the ones off the top of my head are (in no particular order):

Home Room
Alicia: WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You think you can come in here and you can spend ten minutes and come out with all the FUCKING ANSWERS? Hey, I've got one: kids pick up guns and THEY KILL OTHER KIDS. That's it! And if that answer isn't good enough, then maybe you should see a doctor or a priest and you can ask THEM why. And they'll feed you all the psycho babble you can stand or they'll tell you that God has some "greater plan" for everyone. And when you keep pressing and those answers aren't good enough, all they'll have left to tell you is the unholy truth, that KIDS JUST DIE.
[long pause]
Alicia Browning: And babies
[like mine]
Alicia Browning: die too.

Armageddon
Aj: Tell Grace that I'll, I'll always be with her. Can you do that?
Harry Stamper: Yeah. Okay kid.
Harry Stamper: [Pulls AJ's air hose out and rips off his own mission badge and hands it to AJ] Give this to Truman! Make sure Truman gets that! Get in there.
[Pushes AJ back into the hatch and closes the door]
Harry Stamper: It's my turn now.
A.J.: Harry! You can't do this to me! It's my job!
Harry Stamper: You go take care of my little girl now. That's your job. I always thought of you as a son. I'd be damn proud to have you marry Grace.
A.J.: [Beginning to cry] Harry.
Harry Stamper: You take care of yourself.
[Pushes a button sending the hatch up]
Harry Stamper: I love you.
A.J.: No wait Harry I love you! Harry don't do this! I love you! No wait a minute!
Harry Stamper: Bye son.

Buffy

(From "The Body")
Anya: But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore! It's stupid! It's mortal and stupid! And, and Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why.

(From "Empty Places")
Faith: I didn't come here to take anything away from you, but I'm not gonna be your little lapdog, either. I came here to beat the other guy, to do right, however it works. I don't know if I can lead. But the real question is...can you follow?

(From "Becoming Part 1")
Whistler: The bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asked for their life to change, not really, but it does. So what are we helpless? Puppets? No, the big moments are going to come you can't help that, its what you do afterwards that counts, thats when you find out who you are.

Save the Last Dance
Sara: What l want is to wake up
and see my mom again; for things to go back to the way
when my life made sense. But that's not gonna happen,
and it's all my fault.

I Am Sam
Sam: You don't know what it is when you try, and you try, and you try and you never get there!

A Walk to Remember
Jamie:How can you see places like this... and have moments like this and not believe?
Landon: You're lucky to be so sure.
Jamie: It's like the wind. I can't... see it, but I feel it.


Angel
Faith: I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm bad (in context)

Cruel Intentions
Sebestian: Dear Annette, I don't know what I could possibly say that would rectify the harm I've caused you. The truth of the matter is that being with you was the only time I have ever been happy. My whole life has been a joke. I prided myself on taking joy in others' misery. Well, it finally backfired. I succeed in hurting the first person I ever loved. Enclosed is my most prized possession. My journal. For a long time I considered it my trophy. A sordid collection of my conquests. If you really want to know the truth than please read it. No more lies. Please give me another chance. I'm a wreck without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home