[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Some tips on being a decent human

... from me, an unlikely source ...

1) When in a restaurant you don't do the following:

I was at the Red Room Sunday night with some people after church, and there were a slightly drunk-ish couple beside us. They sat down, ordered soup and chicken pad thai and a couple of beverages. About 20 minutes later the waitress came by, and they told her that they wanted to cancel their order of pad thai, even though it had just finished getting made. I've sent food back if it wasn't what I ordered but I never cancelled an order when its obviously "too late" to do so. Who does that?

2) When dealing with someone who doesn't actually work for you, but does work for you, don't do the following:

I had an agent who asked for an offer to be done, I got in at 230 and started doing it. Typically, if I don't have to do anything else it takes me approximately 20 minutes to do an offer package and all necessary forms. This particular day the phones were insane.

She called me at 245, "is it done yet", "no its not, I'm not even done the first page" she called at 3 "is it done yet" "no its not, I'm trying to book appointments, its kind of busy here". She called at 315 "why isn't it done yet" "because I am only one person, I'm answering phones, taking and booking appointments and explaining myself to you, when I am done the offer I will email it to the broker and text message you to let you know".

She called me that night... "there are mistakes all over" "like what" "the name is spelled incorrectly" "i took the name off of the file I was given" "*she is yelling* well its wrong" "there is no need to yell" "*still yelling*" "if you don't calm down, I will hang up on you" "you have no right to reprimand me" "*click*"

Then she called back and demanded to speak to my boss, who I had just spoken to and informed him that I hung up on her.

Bah.

Stupid power trippin' agents.

So, try and be a decent human being 'eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home