[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A long overdue catch-up

Well, since Sarah bitched asked nicely for me post something. Here we go. I have been neglecting my blogger, I apologize to my loyal readers ... work has just been super hectic (which is when I usually blog).

So, lets go back to December 12th and work our way forward ... (I'll make some separate witty/sarcastic posts about work to satisfy you Sarah after).

Christmas, was interesting, my aunt wasn't there because my cousin Patrick was in the hospital (Patrick rarely comes to family dinners), my cousin Kim wasn't there because she had Norwegian Scabies, my cousin Samantha wasn't there because she was with her mom ... and my mother never comes, so out of a family of 11 thats almost half gone ... which was weird. The actual day was pretty shitty, I was pms-ing something fierce and missing my aunt, and then the kick in the teeth was when my mother called collect, guess who is in jail again. Sheesh.

New Years was fun, I babysat until 11pm and then rang in the new year with my friend Cindy, ya Jager bombs!

Andrea, the other receptionist, was fired just before christmas and I've been promoted to full time, woo hoo! More money makes Jamie less stressed. I've also started school 3 nights a week, less time makes Jamie more stressed ... so really I'm just as stressed as I was in the fall.

But there are little things that help, Stephan was a major bonus the last year to take the edge off of things, but I haven't called him in a month, because I'm ready to do something serious, a connection of minds and not just groins.

Here enters 'the guy' ... who I've been talking to since the beginning of December and have been on 3 dates in the last week and a half, d'aw. Things seem to be progressing nicely, but I'm trying to stay slightly emotionally detached so that if it doesn't work I don't get too hurt.

But we've held hands (I don't want anything more than that to happen unless we have confirmed we are dating) ... and on Sunday night I sent him a text to let him know I got home okay from our date and I said "I'm really enjoying myself these days" and he replied "me too", and we talk most every night before bed for a good hour, until one of us is too tired to continue. And I fall asleep with a smile on my face and wake up all warm and giddy (and still mostly exhausted).

5 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you did just hold hands, you held ALL hands. :P

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jamie said…

    was that supposed to be "didn't" ... see you're learning spelling tips from your boyfriend ;) (aron, if you read this, i love you haha)

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha, yes, i meant 'didn't'... don't blame aron! i'm sure it's not his fault. :)

    don't turn this back on me either, this is about me making fun of you, not the other way around.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Bekki said…

    awwwwww :)
    im happy for your jamie, look how your life is going so well!!!!! in school and promoted to full time and starting what looks to be a promising relationship??? thats so awesome.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Jamie said…

    oh sarah, honey, it's always going to be about making fun of you .... *big grin*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home