[Jamie's Innerworkings] "Slightly Bored and Severely Confused"

Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm back and once again I left good weather

So, at 10:00pm last night Missina and I landed at Pearson. Got our bags, got a taxi limo and got the hell on our way home (or to my home and then she continued the trip back to her place via TTC).

I find it kind of funny that when I left Toronto it was so nice and I was like, "man, I be so crazy to be going to Manitoba and Northern Alberta", Calgary will be experiencing a chinook this weekend and seeing tempatures of 12 degrees, I got caught in a snow storm today. Honestly to get from Lawrence and Dufferin to 2 stops past Lawrence and Dufferin took 30 MINUTES! When I decided to get off the bus and just walk.

We managed to pretty much travel the length of Alberta in our 3 days of travel time (we flew back to Ontario on the 4th day) take a look:

Day 1: Fort McMurray to Plamondon, 258km (approx. 3hrs)


Day 2: Plamondon to Edmonton, 203km (approx 2.5hrs)


Day 3 in the morning (left at 6:30am): Edmonton to Coleman (in Crows Nest Pass) 513km (approx 5hrs15mins)


Day 3 in the afternoon (left at like 4:30pmish): Coleman to Calgary 220kms (approx 2.5hrs)



The overall view:


Pictures to follow at a later date.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woah. you know, i didn't realize we had travelled that far. how long would it take to drive from northern ontario to southern? it seems a lot bigger, or maybe just cuz we did it over two days. but yes, the snow here was crazy today! i could hardly get anywhere!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home